Thursday, September 15, 2016

Toy Hall of Fame

After conducting research on the Toy Hall of Fame, the five toys that stuck out to me the most were the baby doll, Barbie, ball, bubbles and a cardboard box. The baby dolls were used by expecting parents and children everywhere. Primarily, children used their imaginations to transform the doll into an infant of their own. The Barbie doll, within a year of her introduction, became the highest selling fashion doll that was ever created. The ball has been around since anyone can remember and is one of the simplest toys that can do many things. Rolling, bouncing, throwing, and kicking are among the many simple, yet entertaining, functions of a ball. Bubbles are great for kids to play with. Their various shapes, colors and objects to use them in creates endless possibilities for hours of fun. They are inexpensive and non toxic which makes them perfect for kids. The cardboard box is an unusual toy that doesn't get enough credit. Their emptiness puts kids' minds to work and lets their imaginations flow. A cardboard box can be seen as a house, a spaceship or even a car.

Thinking back on my childhood, I can remember playing with Barbies and baby dolls all the time. I loved pretending that I was a mom and giving the Barbie dolls a life of their own in my Barbie Dream House. The Barbie dolls, however, caused some anger among feminist groups who seen her figure as an unrealistic portrayal of women, Balls and bubbles were also very fun. Whether it was playing dodge ball, soccer, catch or even fetch with my dog, I always had a blast. Bubbles were also one of my favorite pass times. I especially liked the bubble guns so my brother and i could have bubble wars. The toy that confused me at first however, was a cardboard box. My mature mind first saw it and thought of it only as something to hold things in when you're packing for a move. However, after thinking about tit's alternate uses, I remembered all the fun I had playing pretend with boxes.


http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys/bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment